This document sets out the terms and conditions between Design Matters IVS and you when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organized by Design Matters IVS or participate in any survey of Design Matters IVS. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organized by Design Matters IVS or participating in a survey you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully.
Design Matters IVS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website.
Design Matters is being organized by Design Matters IVS, a Danish company, which is in the main business of organizing design conferences and share knowledge about digital design.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT
I hereby give my consent for Design Matters IVS (and its subsidiaries) to collect, process and use my personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of my ticket and for any other use to which I have consented, including the importation of contact information for which I have provided my explicit prior consent.
This information will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and compiling delegate lists which will be published on our websites and across any relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulated by email to our email database, which includes all past and current delegates. It will also be used to improve our Recommender system for enhanced networking opportunities and tailored content. If you do not wish your name, photograph, country where based and company name to appear on the delegate list please email email@example.com
I hereby give my consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by Design Matters IVS (and/or other group companies). I further give my permission for my user account details to be stored. I acknowledge that I may provide Design Matters IVS a reasonable timeframe to remove my details at any time that I no longer wish them to be stored. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request Design Matters IVS to do so in writing. Requests will be processed within a 30-day period.
Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to:
Design Matters IVS
I hereby give my consent for Design Matters IVS to store any voluntary information I may provide in the course of participating in an online survey. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
I hereby give my consent for Design Matters IVS to use for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration the mandatory data and any voluntary data I provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket. I further give my consent for the voluntary data provided. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
I acknowledge that Design Matters IVS will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference. I acknowledge that Design Matters IVS will consider but not guarantee to exhibit startups’ requests for day changes at any event or conference.
All items (screens, laptops, cabling and other electronic equipment, rooms, furniture etc.) supplied are on a rental basis and no exchange, transfer or refund of ordered items on-site will be entertained.
Exhibitors must pay for any damages or losses caused to items supplied to them.
Canceled orders are not refundable.
Non-standard items may be offered on request, subject to a separate quotation, and are subject to the same terms and conditions.
Any complaint regarding rental items or installation must be lodged before the opening of the event. In respect of items rented on the day, items should be inspected immediately and tested to ensure they work. Otherwise, all items are deemed to be received in good order and condition.
The equipment must be insured “all risk” by the hirer, who will remain liable until the authorized staff has collected the equipment.
In case of disappearance, the equipment will be invoiced at the original insurance value.
By agreeing to act as a volunteer at an event, I acknowledge that:
- I will receive no compensation for travel, accommodation etc
- I will receive no compensation for travel, accommodation etc.
- There is no guarantee that I will be selected to be a volunteer at the event.
- If I violate any event rule or fail to show up for an assigned shift, my accreditation can be removed and I will be denied access to the event.
- I attest to the truth of all statements made in my application.
- The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate dismissal, removal of accreditation and removal from the event grounds.
- Selection as a volunteer grants permission to Design Matters IVS, or other group companies, to use the volunteer likeness, name, voice and words in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media, both during and anytime after the event, and in any form, for advertising or communicating the purpose of the event(s).
- In the course of the event, I may be dealing with confidential information and I agree to keep such information in the strictest of confidence.
- I have read and fully understood these terms and conditions.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
Design Matters IVS will not share your address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. I hereby give my consent for Design Matters IVS to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I give consent for Design Matters IVS or subsidiary companies to analyze and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with Design Matters IVS or subsidiary events and promotions.
- Data collected from any connected social media for which I have provided my explicit prior consent.
- If I have provided my mobile telephone number I consent to Design Matters IVS or subsidiary companies to contact me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
- I acknowledge that my data may be used for marketing purposes by Design Matters IVS or a third party to contact me by phone or e-mail to ascertain my views on our services, which will be similar to the ones to which I have already subscribed.
- I furthermore consent to the mathematical and statistical analysis of my personal data for advertising purposes (scoring). However, my e-mail address may be used for advertising purposes only with my express consent.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for Design Matters IVS (and subsidiaries) to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of Design Matters IVS (and subsidiaries). I give my consent for Design Matters IVS (and subsidiaries) to analyze this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
- I furthermore consent to the imported contact data being used for the purposes of improving our Recommender system for enhanced networking opportunities and tailored content.
- Design Matters IVS has free lifetime use of any image or video content created by attendees at Design Matters.
When personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone numbers, and other contact information) is provided through the Design Matters website or directly to us by e-mail you give consent to Design Matters IVS for:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions
- Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email) to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Design Matters IVS may also collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Name and physical shipping, contact, and payment addresses.
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Credit card, debit card or bank information.
- Date of birth
- Tax identification or VAT number (if applicable)
- Social Media profiles, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties we may use to verify your information. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by Design Matters IVS in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. Requests for a copy of your personal data can be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to:
Design Matters IVS
Right of rectification or erasure
If Design Matters IVS holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Design Matters IVS
Requests should include:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Design Matters IVS is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Design Matters IVS or where Design Matters IVS is required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the Data Protection Acts shall prevail.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, Design Matters IVS cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (TLS/SSL).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Design Matters IVS reserves the right to modify this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent at any time. Any changes will be posted on our homepage and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of the changes.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety after the 14 days cooling off period. All purchases of hotel rooms are non-refundable after the 14 days cooling-off period up to 21 days prior to check-in date. Hotel rooms purchased or canceled after this point are non-refundable in their entirety. Any Refund Processed is subject to €10 or US$10 transaction fee. Your ticket remains the property of Design Matters IVS and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event, the liability of Design Matters IVS is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organization or attendee to attempt to host or organize any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to Web Summit or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of Design Matters IVS. In the event of a breach of these terms any tickets purchased will be rendered null and void. Design Matters IVS reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
Design Matters IVS reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behavior, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Design Matters IVS will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited. You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
Design Matters IVS and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Design Matters IVS’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
Design Matters IVS will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee’s visa is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or conference.
If an individual seeks a refund on general attendee tickets that were purchased before their startup ticket was purchased, Design Matters IVS will not grant a full refund when the general attendee ticket price has increased beyond the startup ticket price.
Name changes will be facilitated free of charge. No name changes will be facilitated 7 days prior to the commencement of the event and the ticket price will be forfeited.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at email@example.com
In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, the consumer would be entitled to a cooling off period of fourteen days which would begin on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
Note that the entitlement to a cooling off period of fourteen days is specifically excluded under Article 16 of the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83 / EU) in relation to the sale of hotel rooms.
If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund.
Complaints can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints where reasonable.
EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
Design Matters IVS is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Design Matters IVS shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is canceled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labor strike, extreme weather or other emergencies.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Design Matters IVS reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types, it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name or tax identification number – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event. Danish law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Danish Courts.
- Design Matters IVS shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
- Use the website in a manner which (i) may cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the website or attempt any unauthorized access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the website.
- We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the website; and/ or complaints relating to the website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the website).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavors to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or products or services offered on the website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the website and any information provided to or taken from the website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorized by us.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the website and the content on the website.
ATTENDEES UNDER AGE 18
Attendees under this age is not allowed to enter the conference.